Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yaye Gets a Telegram From Heaven


Hey! I uncovered one of the Dead Sea Blogs lost in the Great Blogger Black Hole of 2006 a week or so ago. It's brief, but I thought it was worth saving, so here it is:

Tallulah and I were talking earlier today (or was it yesterday? we talk everyday, it's hard to keep track) about the meaning of success. As in: What equals "Success" in our lives and the lives of those we know? We were stumped.

And then like a Western Union from on high, I was given the answer while brewing my evening mug of Good Earth Green Tea. The teabag label had this to say on the subject: "Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome." -- Booker T. Washington (1856-1915)

Dead people are smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home