Thursday, January 26, 2006

Out on the Wildly Whacky Moors

I adore Kate Bush. She is my big music genius heroine and I am thrilled with her newest release (after a 12-year hiatus), Aerial (see link to the right). However, she was VERRRRRRY young when she released her first album, The Kick Inside, and began dabbling in the embryonic art of promotional videomaking. The video below is for her first single, and her only #1 single to date, "Wuthering Heights."

Damn that Lindsay Kemp and all his white-faced bretheren for teaching her to mime!


Can you imagine if there was a public record of what you thought was deep and meaningful when YOU were 18 years old? Yumpin' Yiminy!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is simply NOT fair. You followed up with KATE BUSH from my BAY CITY ROLLERS... Although the miming is quite ummm impressive.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see your BCR post until I posted KB. Since I forgot to mention it in my post, I'll just say that the flower in the hair is a tribute to Billie Holiday. When KB started out playing with a band in pubs she always wore one.

I know too much.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home