Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fangirl Yaye Discovers Brechtian Punk Cabaret



I love EVERYTHING about The Dresden Dolls! A power duo; female (Amanda) and male (Brian). Bold, idiosyncratic song structures. Equally cheesed off, irreverant, edgy and hilarious. These are my kind of peeps.

WARNING: This video contains adult language, some naked bottom and a dollop of pubes. Oh yeah, there is also pseudo slo-mo violence (god, I love the way Brian runs in slo-mo). I HIGHLY recommend watching ANY of their other videos; they're all just brilliant!!!

P.S.: "Spencer" refers to Spencer Smith, the drummer for PANIC! at the Disco.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!
how can we be separated by a complete country diagonally and still have such similar tastes after all these years??!?!
me likey amanda palmer a little too much.
Have you heard her versions of rocky horror or two headed boy?

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BECAUSE you are my soul brother twin friend!!!

Look, even *I* have a girl crush on Amanda! How can you be expected not to crush?

I have NOT heard the aforementioned...must do! Internets, don't fail me now!!!!!

By the by, wonderful to exchange typed words with you Lyfie -- I've missed you!!!!!!!!!

Heart you.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you haz the optonline address still? i can send a little something your way.... :)

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh ooh ooh!!!!!

Yes, please!!!!!! Optonline good, yes!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!

Tank you, Lyfie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, do you Twitter? (Look carefully to the right --->)

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Centuwion, why do they twitter so?

I know of the twitter, but I do not at this time.

I cant even keep up with the blogginess at this time :(

Wome is your fwiend!

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm trying to make up for my lack of blogging by tweeting -- it's so easy, just 140 characters or less! Right from my desktop at work -- shhhhhhhh!

Though I'm doing a pretty good imitation of blogging from work right now...at work...still at work...always at work.

I think I'm going to be excited when I get home, because of what wonders Wome has sent my way!!

Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home