Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Saturday Mornings....Isis

(If they were ever to do a remake, I believe they should cast Catherine Zeta-Jones)

Yaye and I recently had a discussion about cartoons vs. live action. Me, I was kind of a live action gal, basically because my older brother always had control of the TV and would watch westerns on Saturdays until he got bored and I was able to have the TV to myself. This meant cartoons were over and the live action kid shows would be on. One show I loved in particular was Isis...

O my Queen, said the royal sorcerer to Hapsethsut -- with this amulet you and your descendants are endowed by the goddess Isis. With the powers of animals and the elements you will soar as the falcon soars, run with the speed of gazelles and command the elements of the sky and the earth.

Three thousand years later, a young science teacher dug up this lost treasure and found she was heir to the secrets of Isis. And so, unknown to even her closest friends, Rick Mason and Cindy Lee, she became a dual person. Andrea Thomas, teacher and Isis, dedicated foe of evil, defender of the weak, champion of truth and justice.

Every Saturday I would take a long black slip from my mother's drawer and bobby pin the slip to the top of my head, then bobby pin one of my mom's rhinestone necklaces from her youth to the top of the slip. My cousins had given me a hand-me-down tennis outfit which set off the perfect look. I would spin and spin until I could spin no more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOVED ISIS!!! And you are absolutely right about the casting! Looks like another episode of "DreamCast"!!!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home