Monday, January 16, 2006

I've Just Seen a Face..and it looks nothing like me!



Upload a photo of yourself (as forward facing as possible) at http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php and the face recognition software demo will display celebrity faces that most closely match yours. Now, when I saw my matches I figured that this demo would only show you the most flattering possibilities (see my match list below). But then I found a picture of a friend making a silly and slightly frightening face, uploaded it, and lo and behold there were some truly gruesome matches. So beware! Also, I could see that some celebrity matches were based on things like the tilt of one's head, arch of eyebrows, amount of teeth showing, etc.

You do have to register for a free account in order to use the demo - I haven't received any emails from them yet. I think the giggly fun of uploading photo after photo of all your friends and family to see the matches is well worth the risk.

My matches:
Kajol Devgan (Bollywood actress) - 71%
Nicole Kidman - 68%
Rita Hayworth - 65%
Angelina Jolie - 65%
Priyanka Chopra (Miss India, Miss World 2000) - 64%
Halle Berry - 64%
Beyonce Knowles - 61%
Winona Ryder - 61%
Naomi Watts - 57%
Julianne Moore - 56%

P.S.: I don't look like ANY of those women, but it's still fun!

P.P.S.: Most photos will yield matches of both genders, for some reason, my list was all women.

P.P.P.S.: I tried about 6 different pictures of my husband, and while many of the matches changed with each picture, two celebrities came up again and again: Jason Biggs and Jennifer Aniston. I'm married to Jason Aniston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home