Sunday, October 08, 2006

Swirling Thoughts From Yaye's Vortex of Doom


I just saw some pictures from the future I never had
It really bummed me out


I refreshed
Hoping for an e-mail
From you
But since I never gave you my address
That was a pretty stupid thing to do


Remember when we were going to have a double folk wedding
In a field
I would marry John Gorka
You would marry Cliff Eberhardt
With flowers in our hair?


I played my guitar yesterday
My fingers are still swollen
My throat is scratchy
It was great
Although I can’t play any of my songs
All the way through


In fewer than 60 days I will be the same age
As Margo Channing in All About Eve…4-0
In High Speed Telegraphy competitions the Women’s age categories breakdown like so:
17 – 20
21 – 39
40 and over
That’s right, age 40 to infinity…more of a heap than a category


Poop

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinkin' bout leggs huh? You know I still have dreams with her in it.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home