Monday, January 02, 2006

Yaye's Season of Sharing




In the spirit of making our new blog colorful, I submit these images:

1. O Tannenbaum. This is the top 1/5 of a frasier fir from my backyard. It's sitting on my dining room table, in an effort to keep my two dogs from the lethal pine potion a-brewing in the tree stand. This photo was taken on 12/24 in the afternoon, and all those gifts were then piled into the car and taken to my in-laws. Husband and I don't really exchange gifts. We usually come up with one expensive item that we both want and purchase it after the holidays are over.

2. Wall Thingy. I took the branches I pruned from the fir and stacked them into a little decorative sleigh, added some cinnamon-scented pine cones and a red ribbon, then placed it all on my wall shelf where I normally display a silk Asian horse print. For some reason, I like to look at this.

3. Nutcracker. This thing scares the bejesus out of my husband. Has anybody ever opened a nut with one of these?

4 Comments:

Blogger Yaye & Tallulah said...

Simply adore the sprig o' pine in the sleigh. Nut cracker comes alive at midnight to dismember someone's nuts. Suggestion for storing: use wooden box and stake through chest part, wrap in 10 feet of chain, schlage pad lock and bury in the back yard during the full moon. You must do this before the epiphany or all hope is lost. Oh my, this could be the best horror film yet...hey Yaye let's write a horror film....

6:19 PM  
Blogger Yaye & Tallulah said...

The Christmas Temp!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Yaye & Tallulah said...

How about a madcap teenaged horror flick called:

The NUTcracker...Sweet!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a weiner

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home