Monday, January 02, 2006

Tallulah Rolls out the New Year

Tried to start the new year new, but I've already missed the wake up time. I sit and wonder as my 39th birthday comes precariously close, a measily 7 days away...I start another load of laundry...is that what my life's been reduced to? Working from home, and laundry is always on the to do list. I look at the toilet paper holder and wonder, why does this household always neglect re-filling the paper holder? And I realize as I put another roll on, the roll holder really blows. It's a very stupid design because it takes two hands.

Has the instantaneous society really come down to this? The replenishing of the roll won't get done because it takes two hands thus too much time????? So I take off the roll (with two hands) and put it back on, only this time I count how long it really does take to put on a new roll. Am I really doing this...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8, 9, 10...my god that's a long time to change a roll. Let's say one has to change a roll depending on how many guests one has at the house or if there's no kleenex thus becoming a multi-purpose roll. That could be as much as 1 roll per day (that's alot guests and a lot of purpose)...so that means 70 seconds a week. Approx 4.6 minutes a month, approx, 55.2 minutes a year now factor in the occasional intestinal problems, you're probably looking at 1 hour a year just changing the roll.

I decided that my newest resolution, I shall by a simpler better designed toilet paper roll holder. Now I realize this has all been a ridiculous procrastination on what I should really be doing...filing and organizing.

Almost 39 and I'm still doing the same diversion tactics I did as a 15 year old. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 Comments:

Blogger Yaye & Tallulah said...

When you say that you have "decided that my newest resolution, I shall by a simpler better designed toilet paper roll holder." I see a typo that makes me wonder. Do you mean that you will be purchasing a new TP roll holder ("buy"). Or perhaps, you will "BE" a simpler, better designed TP roll holder in the New Year? Intriguing, no? Maybe.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, Tallulah Kazu, will BE a simpler better designed TP roll holder. Imagine there's no roll holder, it's easy if you try.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home