Monday, January 02, 2006

Tallulah formally accepts the new Marketing Hype

Having just read Yaye's dissertation on her age which if she keeps going she will be creating a bizarre Yaye fact that she'll wake up 60 next year . I know, we've been down this road before way way back when turning 29. Yaye had this "comforting" way of explaining, when we were 29 we were in fact 30. Perhaps I'm just a big old coward, but actually facing the whole theory which Yaye and other eastern philosphies believe that the 9 month belly gestation means we're pretty much a year when we're born sans three months which means in my mathmatically challenged glass is half empty head we're closer to 41 than even 39 or 40.

So, I would like to formally accept the new marketing hype that the 40s are the new 20s and that the 60s are the new 30s as my mother's Modern Maturity mag once said ( I recall it had Lauren Hutton on the cover). This means however, if the 40s are the new 20s and the 60s are the 30's does this mean the 50's are an extention of the 20s or perhaps the 50s are a reprieve from aging?

I can honestly say I'm afraid of aging more than I ever thought I would be. Recalling a conversation that Yaye and I had at the tender age of 23 in the advent of alpha hydroxy, I proudly boasted that I would never freak out at age. Aaaahhhh the idealism of youth. But why is it that I'm so afraid? Have I not done what I'm supposed to do with my life? Perhaps that is what creates fear of aging. Ohmigawd, I don't even, like, know what I want to do with my life and it's almost over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yaye & Tallulah said...

So what were our 30's? Adolescence? Well, that explains the pimples.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering some of the 30 year olds I've known...yes it was adolescence with mortgages

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOR THE RECORD: As explained to my dear Tallulah on the phone earlier today, I have NEVER held that the gestation period of a human being counts as its first 9 months of life. Tallu, no crack for you!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Yaye,

I have no idea where that thought came from though I could have sworn you many moons ago explained that theory. Thank you for setting the record straight. I now understand your concept though I refuse to accept it even though logically it makes total sense. Suppose it's just my fear of getting older faster than originally anticipated.

Oh and by the way your quote regarding kids on the post it note I've saved over the years is dated 11/20/00. Back when you were finishing up or about to start your whatever age you were. It's all so complicated in my mathmatically challenged mind.

Tallu

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home