Monday, January 09, 2006

The Tall Girl with the Big Smile


AnnCirca1980
Originally uploaded by yayetalu.
When I tumbled through the door of Mrs. Topel's 6th Grade classroom in October 1977 as the new kid, I was ready for the rude stares and hiss of whispers. After all, this was my seventh elementary school by the age of 10. However, I wasn't prepared for the big beaming smile that greeted me at the next table. Above a hostile sea of munchkins, Tallulah came floating along in a friendly little bubble. After noting that she and her friends didn't feel the need to play Steal the Boys' Combs and Hide Them in the Girls' Bathroom at Recess and Lunch like many of the other girls in our class, I walked up one day and asked, "Can I hang out with you guys?" This picture is Circa 1980.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god where on earth did you find that piture????????? Wow, I have a similar hairstyle today. Thank you Parco...

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey and you know what? That's my Clash t-shirt and I bet I'm wearing those black pants with the zippers.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the other think looking at this picture a week later. Why did I think I was fat? Body obsessed for way too many years. That's just wrong. 13 frickin' years old in this picture and I thought I was fat back then....Anyway...Cheers!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because you grew up in L.A.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home