Friday, January 06, 2006

Ooooooooo....a logging road at the top of the hill....


The deer path ended up here. I endured more burn as I sunk in the mud. My favorite accessory since moving to West VA are my knee high rubber boots. At the top of this very hill, the mud was so deep my boot got stuck and my foot came out. As I stumbled I caught my balance on a tree. Hands stained with moss, foot in mud, boot stuck, I had to figure a way out. Pulled boot out while balancing on one foot, placed boot back on exposed foot. and decided to take a route less traveled went through trees on (featured on the left), lot's of organic matter on forest floor made it less muddy. However, route more treacherous as I had to swing from tree to tree to get down steep hill. (More advanced hikers would think I was a wuss).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent balance!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home