Monday, June 26, 2006

A Magic Bus from Yaye's Magic Trunk


I won tickets to see The Who from KLSX in 1989. As I recall, my seat was so far away that the video image reached my eyes about 10 seconds before the sound reached my ears. The band looked like colorful jumping beans in the distance (really, only one of them was actually jumping). This was about a year after spending the night hanging out with Entwistle. Well, he told us he needed to raise money to save his estate, and apparently the boys in the band helped him out.

Later that year, I started working the request line for KLSX during their "Brunch with the Beach Boys" show on Sundays ( I wanted to work "Breakfast with the Beatles", but the show was temporarily re-located to another station). That's how I (in passing) met Brian Wilson.

It was a million years ago.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Million miles away? Isn't that the Plimsouls?

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, Mister LR are correct. Funny thing happened last year when I officiated a wedding in Sedona Arizona. The band that played at the "reception" had a drummer who looked awfully familiar to me...so in my saucy way I said...hey, I've seen you play before what band were you in....he said

The Plimsouls

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

officiated? did you get ordained before me!?!?!?

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been an ordained minister for about 4 years now. I have officiated 2 weddings, looks like I might be doing 2 more in the next year. It was really easy to do, no seminary needed, just 19.95 for the "minister in the box" kit.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home