Monday, May 22, 2006

Tallulah's Recurring Dream

At least once a month I have the same dream theme where I walk into an upscale restaurant, only this time it was an upscale airport bar. Seated around me in animated discussions are men of wealth, casually dressed. When I walk in, they give me a look as if I don't belong, I always leave. I feel very insecure and walk outside to get some fresh air. The air is always balmy...then panic sets in...people are running for cover, I'm always the last to know. At the instant I recognize something has gone terribly wrong, I look out to the horizon and I can see devastating winds coming towards me. My mind says it's a hurricane. All the buildings are locked down, people at the door turn their backs and won't let me in.

In my dream I utter, "Well f**k you too, you rat bastards" then look for the strongest tree. I wrap my body around this tree, holding on as tight as I can facing the wind, daring it to knock me down. I watch the wind race towards me destoying everything in its path...It reaches me, I feel the g-force pressure against me, I'm trying to scream into the wind, my favorite two word phrase, F-You...the wind catches inside my mouth...it takes my breath away...but my mind is still screaming. The wind finally subsides after what seems like an eternity, I am still clutching the tree, I have scrapes, bruising and cuts from the bark, but I am okay. I survive.

According to this dream dictionary http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary

To dream of blowing winds, symbolizes your life force, energy, and vigor. It reflects changes in your life.

To dream of strong or gusty winds, represents turmoil and trouble for you. You are experiencing much stress in some waking situation.

To see a hurricane in your dream, indicates sudden and/or unexpected changes occurring in your life. You may be experiencing some destructive and powerful emotions.

To dream that you are swept up the hurricane, suggests that both your mental and emotional forces are building up inside and making themselves known. You may be literally consumed by your emotions.

Yeah...no sh*t

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the wind is just the wind. :-B

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu're right, and could have been the pasta fazul I had the night before. Could also have been that I feel asleep with the TV on. Pehaps I should mix my chanomile tea with Epazote so that I decrease the wind factor. :-)

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home