Friday, May 12, 2006

This one goes out to Lyfie and Haley Mills



On January 19, 1988 my buddy and I sat in my bedroom with guitars and wrote a song about our hero Haley Mills. And it goes something like this: ah 1, ah 2wah, ah 3ya , ah 4ya... ps: So glad that Yaye and I found you again... sincerely Tallulah

Here's a story 'bout a young New Zealand Girl
Who sailed cross the ocean
to the wonderful world
Disneyright after Wild Kingdom
Marlon Perkins and then some


(chorus) Hail oh Haley Haley Mills
To hell with Tom Dooley and Beverly Sills
I ain't had no worries I ain't had no ills
Since I had a hankerin' fer.... Haley Mills
I ate a cheeseburger with no cheese on it
Don't like Parkay but I'll eat Blue Bonnet
You inspired a whole BUNCH
Of shakespeares sonnets
It ain't Dutch Cleanser it's Haley's Comet

Sittin' out back smokin' pure Havana
Ma says Walt's on the phone
Yo got Pollyanna
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
If you must return it you can send it here

(chorus) Hail oh Haley Haley Mills
To hell with Tom Dooley and Beverly Sills
I ain't had no worries I ain't had no ills
Since I had a hankerin' fer.... Haley Mills
I ate a cheeseburger
with no cheese on it
Don't like Parkay but I'll eat Blue Bonnet
You inspired a whole BUNCH
Of shakespeares sonnets
It ain't Dutch Cleanser it's Haley's Comet

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snif* *snif*

i'll.... be..... okay......

Must have something in my eye.....

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can still hear the melody...Imagine my surprise when i found the paper nestled between a dust bunny and meat grinder under my old bed. strange.

perhaps the next trip out (September/Oct...dinner w/ you and the Mrs.?)

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://homepage.mac.com/lyford/songs/HayleyMills.mp3

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anybody else hear "I buried Paul" at the end of that song?

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't really have this do you...has a little sunshine begun to shine on my trip to California?

OH SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so emotional right now...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean a good emotional not the emotional I've been all wreck I mean week.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... i just realized.... you have a meat grinder under your bed????????

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy i know...i didn't even mention the other stuff like right by the meat grinder was a lint brush and a voluminous amount of toilet seat covers....it's a mad mad mad mad world in my old bedroom

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never know when you will need the terlet seet covers.

is you still in l.a. now?
cuz we most likely won't be here come sept/oct.... more on this later

you know, i think we worked like 2 blocks from each other in agoura for a few years....

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I leave LA today...curses we worked 2 blocks from each other in Arghoura? What????? For a few years?????? Wait...how do you reckon that?

Where are you two going? Costa Rica...New York? New Mexico? A sailboat in the middle of the ocean?

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i been working in agoura since 1998.... for some reason I thought you worked there too, but I only found out when you moved or something from your newsletters... which I miss, btw. Or perhaps I am mixing up memories? I am off of Liberty Canyon Rd.....

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like oh migawd..you were literally right next to me. Do you remember the office building that burnt down? That was where I worked. Crazy. Too bad we didn't know..could have had lunch at (I can't remember the mexican place right there in the main plaza I wanna say Don Carlos I know that issn't right)

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were off Cheesebro!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Wow...small small world. Who'd a thunk from Argh-oura to West Virginia...it's a leap now ain't it? By the way, where's the wife and yuz moving too?

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego! Legoland! Shamu!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home